Saturday 1 October 2011

Shelf Candy Saturday #1


Shelf Candy Saturday is a weekly meme hosted by Five Alarm Book Reviews
The aim is to post about covers you love, new or old...no rules, no obligations, just lots of cover love.



Kim and I are trying really hard to get ourselves out in the books world, and we've come across a lot of weekly memes that we're dying to participate in (if only there was enough time to do so). This weekend we picked Shelf Candy Saturday. It seems like a fun way to promote cover love.

It took a long time to decide what series would be featured in our first Shelf Candy Saturday, there are just so many good book covers in the world. But I finally decided on Becca Fitzpatrick's 'Hush, Hush' series. I picked 'Hush, Hush' for 2 reasons: 

  1. 'Silence' comes out on Tuesday & I'm VERY excited for that. 'Silence' is book 3 in the 'Hush, Hush' series and my favourite of the 3 covers. I can't wait to find out what happens next and to spend time with Patch.

  2. I just love the covers. The use of dark colours with the red feathers; the backdrops and the profile images makes the covers look really dramatic.








During the editing and publishing course Kim and I took earlier in the year, we were learning about cover design and were told to bring in an example of good cover design and then the class would vote. I decided to bring in 'Hush, Hush' and it came in second for best cover. 


A bit about the designer: 
James Porto is the fantastic designer for the 'Hush, Hush' series. I think he's done an amazing job. You can view more of his work Here. There are 2 folders of his work 'Real' and 'Unreal'; both have amazing photos, so I would recommend checking them out. 

Kerrie 

0 comments:

Post a Comment