Sunday 13 May 2012

Showcase Sunday #1


Showcase Sunday is a weekly meme hosted by Vicky at Books, Biscuits & Tea where bloggers show off what goodies they received throughout the week.



By now most YA book bloggers know of the IMM issue. At first I was just going to ignore the whole thing. I didn't want any part in it and I was going to keep participating in IMM posts because I loved the idea sharing my book love each week. Last week I didn't post anything because I spent too much time questioning the idea of keeping IMMs - I almost didn't post anything this week either. But then I visited the lovely Shirley @ Shiirleyy's Bookshelf and saw her Showcase Sunday post and I thought it was perfect. So thank you Shirley and Vicky for giving me an outlet to show off my goodies. 



So this posts covers 2 weeks worth of books. 


Shine- Jeri Smith-Ready

Over the past few months I've become pretty obsessed with the Shade series. Shine is the final book in the trilogy and I was dying to get my hands on it. Such a fantastic book, perfect end to the series - if you haven't read the Shade series you should totally check it out, you won't be sorry.





City of Lost Souls - Cassandra Clare

Like so many people, I couldn't wait to get my hands on the next book in The Mortal Instruments series. I've got about 100 pages to go and I'm loving this book. I'm not sure I'm the biggest fan of the cover, but it's shiny, so I sort of have to love it.





Ill Wind & Heat Stroke - Rachel Caine

An impulse buy. I was in Big W last week and I always check out their romance/paranormal bargain basket. I always seen Rachel Caine's Weather Warden series in there, but usually it's book 4 or book 6. Well this time I actually spotted books 1 and 2, so I couldn't resist picking them up. I'm a fan of Rachel Caine's YA series (Morganville) and loves the first book in The Revivalist series (Working Stiff). Can't wait to give Ill Wind a go.




People Might Hear You - Robin Klein 

Another impulse buy. 2 weeks ago, I went to the last ever UNSW Book Fair with Mandee and almost left without buying anything. And then I spotted a book I read in High School - People Might Hear You - and desperately wanted to show it to my sister. It was only 50c. Bargain! 





Take My Word For It - John Marsden 

My best friend works in a bookstore in southern NSW. Over Easter, her store held a book event and invited a whole heap of Aussie authors for panels and talks. Unfortunately, due to family issues, I couldn't go; which was really sad because one of the authors was JOHN MARSDEN! But she managed to get a few signed books for my sisters and me, and I can't thank her enough. 



The Industry - Rose Foster 

I won a copy of The Industry on Erin's blog a couple of weeks ago. So thank you Erin and Harper Collins for such a fantastic giveaway. Can't wait to read it.







And that's it for this week. What special things did you get? Leave links below and I'll check them out. 

Kim

12 comments:

  1. It's so awesome that you friend got you a signed book, how nice! And I am very glad you're continuing on with book haul post ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I felt pretty damn special when she gave me the book. Thanks for stopping by Mandee

      Kim

      Delete
  2. Awesome haul! I got City of Lost Souls this week and The Industry a while back. I haven't heard of most of the other books you've shared here, but Shine looks really interesting and I want to read it :-)

    Happy reading,
    Shaheen @ Speculating on SpecFic
    Instead of an IMM post I now have a new feature, Stocktake Saturday.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Shine is amazing. I want everyone to read it, I can't get enough of the series, which is sort of sad since it's finished (apart from a short story coming out in July)

      Thanks for visiting :)

      Kim

      Delete
  3. I've heard great things about the City of Lost Souls! :) I haven't read this series yet but I hope you'll like the ending. Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a really fun and addictive series. I love it.

      Thanks for commenting :)

      Kim

      Delete
  4. Awwwwwww thank you for the mention up there! I'm so glad you've decided to join Showcase Sunday!! OMGGGG CITY OF LOST SOULS!!! I.DESPERATELY.NEED.THAT.BOOK! Looks like I'll have to go shopping this week and buy a copy<333 I also hope you enjoy The Industry!
    ENJOY YOUR GOODIES THIS WEEK KIM<33

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I had to mention you Shirley! Without you, I might have gone another week without sharing my book love. OMG! Yes! You have to get CoLS. SOON! It's a must read!

      Kim

      Delete
  5. SHINE! I swear, the universe is screaming at me to continue this series. I read Shade ages and really loved it, but I just never got around to getting Shift. Lately, I've been seeing the books EVERYWHERE, flaunting their awesomeness and just acting like a total tease. And now they've done it again :P Once I get my damn TBR down a bit, I need to grab Shift.

    Ooh and The Industry is great, congrats on your win! Hope you enjoy your smokin' hot haul this week :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so glad you loved Shade. This really is one of my favourite YA books. But, Gah! How could you possibly resist reading Shift? (although, as long as it's on your TBR list, I'm happy :D)

      I keep hearing great things about The Industry, so I can't wait to read it.

      Kim

      Delete
  6. I STILL haven't read the Shade books! NONE! But I hear such amazing things! Ehehehe! Also! I KNOW EXACTLY the book store, event, location, and EVERYTHING about which you're speaking. I feel incredibly clever ^__^
    And I got CoLS this week, too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol, Of course you would know what I'm talking about. I take it you didn't get a chance to visit over Easter either? I'm pretty sad, they're having a 20% off sale on all their Children's books until Saturday and I'm not there to take advantage :(

      You HAVE to read Shade. I ADORE this series...part of it might be because Jeri Smith-Ready is such an amazing author and she talks to her fans so much and part of it might be because the main characters her twitter accounts so THEY talk to fans online a lot too. But mostly it's because I loved the writing and the story was just amazing! I can't say enough about this series!

      Kim

      Delete