Thursday 6 December 2012

SWOON Thursday #1


SWOON Thursday is a meme hosted by YA Bound. Where bloggers and book readers share the latest swoon-worthy moment they've come across from the book they're currently or just finished reading.


Before I jump into my first SWOON Thursday post, I just wanted to say how much this meme made me smile. After doing a little research, I realised it has been around for a while, but I only just stumbled across it. I've always been a fan of a little romance in books and anything that brings on the swoon moments works for me. 

Despite being hosted by a more YA focused blog - I've picked my most recent adult Urban Fantasy read, for the sweetest little moment that made me swoon like mad! (I promise it's PG) 



"You're not supposed to be awake," he told me softly. And tried to gather me up. But that wasn't what I wanted.
"No." I pushed at him, ineffectually.
"What is it?"
"Little spoon."
"You are hungry?"
I didn't answer, because he wasn't making sense. I just arranged him the way I wanted, needed. A big, warm, muscle-y pillow that I could drape myself around, like a child with a favourite toy.
A toy with a lot of hair. A mass like silk hit me in the face, making it hard to breathe. I pushed it up and over the soft mound of the pillow, and the snuggled up behind him, pressing my face to a neck that smelled like - 
Yes.
Yes.
I took a deep breath, and sighed it out into his ear.
"Ah," he said, a hand covering the one I'd placed on his stomach, as I pulled him back against me. "I see."
I sighed again, my whole body relaxing. The pain, the confusion, all of it releasing, slipping away. Like the room. And the a thought occurred, right on the edge of sleep.
"If I'm not supposed to be awake, why are you here?" I mumbled.
"To be the little spoon."





And that's my SWOON Thursday for this week. 

Kim


p.s. Want to share your SWOON Thursday with Twitter? Tweet your swoon-worthy moment with the hashtag #YABound and share the love with more book fans!

0 comments:

Post a Comment